SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Phamerator down?

| posted 23 Feb, 2022 03:12
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. We aren't aware of any problems with Phamerator.org, but if you can tell me a little more about the error message you are receiving I'm happy to look into it. The Google listing is a bit misleading, for sure. You can disregard the Wifi error message.

Best,
Steve

pia1@pitt.edu
I have not been able to get Phamerator to work since yesterday. When I try to google search phamerator, the search result seems to suggest that I'm not connected to WiFi (please see attached for the screenshot), but I actually do have a working WiFi.
Can someone please help?
| posted 23 Feb, 2022 04:14
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick response!
I was chatting with the tech help desk at pitt. The tech expert walked me through several things. He suspected that the problem has something to do with my home wifi. But he wasn't able to solve the problem in the end after all the attempts. I saved a copy of our chat, which is attached to this post for your reference.
So I decided to try Phamerator one more time before going to bed, and it's working! I'm very glad that it's working for me now. But I really don't know how the problem is fixed.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!
| posted 23 Feb, 2022 11:52
How strange! This does sound like a network issue, but I’m not sure. Regardless, I’m glad you’re able to access it now.

Best,
Steve

pia1@pitt.edu
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick response!
I was chatting with the tech help desk at pitt. The tech expert walked me through several things. He suspected that the problem has something to do with my home wifi. But he wasn't able to solve the problem in the end after all the attempts. I saved a copy of our chat, which is attached to this post for your reference.
So I decided to try Phamerator one more time before going to bed, and it's working! I'm very glad that it's working for me now. But I really don't know how the problem is fixed.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks!
| posted 18 May, 2022 13:16
Hello all,
I cannot access phamerator I was able to the day on Monday but not yesterday or today. I have tried with wifi and ethernet on my computer and wifi and data on my phone. I get this message…

phamerator.org took too long to respond.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Someone, please help I am trying to finish up an already late annotation (lol, sorry)
Thank you,
Sean
Edited 18 May, 2022 13:19
| posted 18 May, 2022 13:18
Hi Sean,
It should be back up this morning sometime.
Steve Cresawn is aware of the problem. Thanks for checking in.
debbie
| posted 18 May, 2022 13:20
debbie
Hi Sean,
It should be back up this morning sometime.
Steve Cresawn is aware of the problem. Thanks for checking in.
debbie

Thank you, I had assumed it was something on my end.
Sean
| posted 18 May, 2022 15:26
Sorry about the outage - things are back up and running.

Best,
Steve

DrCatalase
Hello all,
I cannot access phamerator I was able to the day on Monday but not yesterday or today. I have tried with wifi and ethernet on my computer and wifi and data on my phone. I get this message…

Try:

Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Someone, please help I am trying to finish up an already late annotation (lol, sorry)
Thank you,
Sean
| posted 18 May, 2022 21:32
scresawn

Best,
Steve

DrCatalase
Hello all,

Try:

Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Thank you,
Sean

Thank you, Steve!
SC
| posted 18 May, 2022 23:39
You're welcome!
SC smile

DrCatalase
scresawn

Best,
Steve

DrCatalase
Hello all,

Try:

Checking the connection
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Thank you,
Sean

Thank you, Steve!
SC
| posted 23 Jul, 2022 20:40
Hey Steve,
Is there a problem with Phamerator? I am getting a perpetual spinning wheel when it tries to draw a map. This happens after clicking on the Cluster–I don't even get a list of phages in the cluster.
Ann

Login to post a reply.