SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Numbering on Frames Page

| posted 30 Jan, 2024 15:39
Hello,

For some reason when I click on ORF on the frames page, I can see the gene number above each gene. However, the students (who are using our computers with DNA master loaded) only see the gene span with no number. Is there an easy settings fix to this?

Thank you,
Jacob
| posted 30 Jan, 2024 21:25
Jacob,
Hmmm. I am not sure. Is it a color thing? Go to preferences and change the colors and see if that fixes it.
Are there "names" in the feature table of the DNA Master file? (that is where the numbers come from.)
debbie
| posted 01 Feb, 2024 16:56
Hi Debbie,

We did try changing the color preferences of the forward (+) and reverse (-) genes in the frames page. Still did not result in being able to see the gene numbers above the ORFs on the Frames page.

Jacob
| posted 01 Feb, 2024 16:56
Hi Debbie,

We did try changing the color preferences of the forward (+) and reverse (-) genes in the frames page. Still did not result in being able to see the gene numbers above the ORFs on the Frames page.

Jacob
| posted 01 Feb, 2024 17:11
Hi Jacob,
1. Please send me the file from one of the computers. (not from your computer.)
2. What version of Windows are you using? My guess is that those computers are missing a driver or help file.
3. Check the DNA Master folder, where the drivers are stored. Check to see if the files listed match yours.)
debbie

Login to post a reply.