SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Student download of 2016 VM

| posted 28 Sep, 2015 14:26
asjahfed
Hi Dan,

Were you able to figure out what the problem may be with the download?
Thanks,

-Asjah F.

Hi Asjah,

I haven't been able to figure out any download-specific problems. We've tested the downloads at several different places and they seem to work.

Are you using a hard-wired connection or a wireless connection? I'd recommend hard-wired if you can. It's actually Dropbox that's serving the files, so it should be reputable and reliable. You could also try a different browser if you continue having trouble, or a different internet connection in case there are file-size limits on the ISP you're using.

–Dan
Edited 28 Sep, 2015 14:26
| posted 05 Jan, 2016 17:37
Dan Russell
Sharon Isern
Can students get access to the VM 2016 via seaphages.org? Or do they have to be logged in as faculty? We're in class right now. Thanks!!

Because of the software included, we couldn't post it totally publicly. And since there's no "registered student" accounts on PhagesDB, there's no way to give them access to the protected page.

That said, I'll email you (and any other faculty who want it) the magic link!

–Dan
Dan,

Would it be possible to share the link with me via email or message? I work in the IT department at UWRF with Karen Klyzek and the account we used previously (under Gary Knigge) is no longer active to download the SEALinux VM. We are working on rebuilding the image for the department laptops and need to download the file.

Thank you in advance,
Nate Overby
Division of Technology Services
UW-River Falls
| posted 05 Jan, 2016 17:42
DoTS_UWRF
Dan Russell
Sharon Isern
Can students get access to the VM 2016 via seaphages.org? Or do they have to be logged in as faculty? We're in class right now. Thanks!!

Because of the software included, we couldn't post it totally publicly. And since there's no "registered student" accounts on PhagesDB, there's no way to give them access to the protected page.

–Dan
Dan,

Would it be possible to share the link with me via email or message? I work in the IT department at UWRF with Karen Klyzek and the account we used previously (under Gary Knigge) is no longer active to download the SEALinux VM. We are working on rebuilding the image for the department laptops and need to download the file.

Thank you in advance,
Nate Overby
Division of Technology Services
UW-River Falls

Just sent them to you, Nate. Good luck.

–Dan
| posted 08 Jan, 2016 20:15
Hi Dan,

I work at WSU's VetMed IT and have been asked to install the VM in one of our student labs per Bill Davis. He provided the software and I've got it up and running, but I need admin credentials to install the Guest Additions. Would you be able to email me the password for either the SEA Faculty or SEA Admin accounts? I assume Dr. Davis has them, but he's out today and I would like to finalize the setup before students are back on Monday.

Thank you,
Keith Lloyd-Davies
| posted 08 Jan, 2016 20:18
klloyd-davies
Hi Dan,

I work at WSU's VetMed IT and have been asked to install the VM in one of our student labs per Bill Davis. He provided the software and I've got it up and running, but I need admin credentials to install the Guest Additions. Would you be able to email me the password for either the SEA Faculty or SEA Admin accounts? I assume Dr. Davis has them, but he's out today and I would like to finalize the setup before students are back on Monday.

Thank you,
Keith Lloyd-Davies

Hi Keith,

Just emailed them to you!

–Dan
| posted 13 Jan, 2016 19:34
Dan Russell
Sharon Isern

–Dan
Dan: Can you please give me your "Magic Links" for both the Windows and Mac versions of the 2016 SEA VM? I have them uploaded to my Amazon Cloud Drive. But they seem to be pretty unstable in download completion.

Thanks. Greg
| posted 13 Jan, 2016 19:35
Dan Russell
Sharon Isern

–Dan
Dan: Can you please give me your "Magic Links" for both the Windows and Mac versions of the 2016 SEA VM? I have them uploaded to my Amazon Cloud Drive. But they seem to be pretty unstable in download completion.

Thanks. Greg smile
| posted 02 Feb, 2016 19:22
Dan - I have a student who wants to install the VM on his computer. Can I get the link please?

Thanks,
Lee
| posted 02 Feb, 2016 20:03
Lee Hughes
Dan - I have a student who wants to install the VM on his computer. Can I get the link please?

Thanks,
Lee

Just sent them to you.

–Dan
| posted 12 Feb, 2016 02:04
Is it possible to be emailed the SeaVM file? I am a student and I am trying to annotate, but unable to comlplete without this file. Thanks!

andersonr24@gator.uhd.edu

Login to post a reply.