SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Teaching with PECAAN

| posted 11 Jun, 2023 14:06
Hello,

I usually use DNAM for teaching and PECAAN for QC, but with the current DNAM connection issue, I may have to use PECAAN for teaching in a week or two in a class of 18. I can come up with something, but if I don't have to reinvent the wheel, I would rather not. So, does anyone have a way of teaching it/with it that they like and want to pass on?

Thanks!

Steve
| posted 12 Jun, 2023 12:21
Hi Steve-

I have a manual update workaround that is not pretty to set up but seems to be functional. I'll reach out via email to set up a time where we can Zoom to discuss. I don't quite have written instructions ready to distribute, but more people testing the strategy will help. Thanks!
| posted 12 Jun, 2023 13:39
Hi Steve,

If you can't get the DNAM workaround from Kristen to work for your class, I'm happy to share how we use PECAAN in our classes (slides and other resources). We use PECAAN first in our annotation classes.

Lee

Login to post a reply.