SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Student download of 2016 VM

| posted 21 Apr, 2016 19:23
Aaron Stevens
Hey Dan, I am a student working on a phage project outside of class with a partner. Would you ba able to send the links for the SEA VM file for windows?
Thanks,
Aaron Stevens

Hi Aaron,

Just sent them. Let me know if they don't come through or don't work!

–Dan
| posted 10 May, 2016 02:22
Hi Dan,
I am a Pitt student and my computer was wiped clean in March, but I still need the software, could you please send me the Mac SEA VM file?

Thank you!
Matt Benczkowski
msb82@pitt.edu
| posted 10 May, 2016 14:13
Matt Benczkowski
Hi Dan,
I am a Pitt student and my computer was wiped clean in March, but I still need the software, could you please send me the Mac SEA VM file?

Thank you!
Matt Benczkowski
msb82@pitt.edu

Just sent it to you, Matt.

–Dan
| posted 30 Dec, 2016 21:33
Dan,

I'm in the process of starting to prepare the updated image for our Biology laptops at the University of Wisconsin - River Falls for this upcoming semester. I see a few mentions in the forum of the 2017 VM, would it be possible to get the download link for the latest version?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Nate
| posted 29 Jan, 2017 03:20
Hey Dan,

I am a student at Durham Tech in NC and am trying to annotate genes at home. I have a deadline on Monday and need this DL link ASAP! Could I get that magic link please? Thank you so much in advance!

- Mike
mikeherrera6@gmail.com
| posted 03 Jan, 2018 16:02
Dan,

Hope your holidays have been going well!

Just checking in on the status of the 2018 VM? I'd like to work on getting our updated task sequence prepared and ready to install over our J-Term. If the download links are available, that would be much appreciated!

Thank you for all that you do!

Nate
| posted 03 Jan, 2018 16:30
noverby
Dan,

Hope your holidays have been going well!

Just checking in on the status of the 2018 VM? I'd like to work on getting our updated task sequence prepared and ready to install over our J-Term. If the download links are available, that would be much appreciated!

Thank you for all that you do!

Nate

Hi Nate,

There will be no new VM for this academic year. Partly because Phamerator and Starterator reports are now available on the web, we decided that the VM would be optional for schools this year. If they want to, they can use the 2017 VM, but most functions should be available via the web now.

–Dan
| posted 22 Jan, 2018 19:43
Dan Russell,
I am having a real issue with getting 2017 SEA VM working on our Windows 10 computers. Can you get me the 2016 SEA VM that is 32 bit?

Cal Keen
ckeen@calvin.edu
| posted 22 Jan, 2018 19:59
Randall DeJong
Dan Russell,
I am having a real issue with getting 2017 SEA VM working on our Windows 10 computers. Can you get me the 2016 SEA VM that is 32 bit?

Cal Keen
ckeen@calvin.edu

Hi Cal,

Did you see my email response? In short: we're not recommending that you install the Virtual Machine at all this year, unless you have a specific need for it. Do you want to proceed with installing anyway?

–Dan
| posted 22 Jan, 2018 20:02
Those of us who use any of the alternate hosts still have to use the VM, sadly.

Steve

Login to post a reply.