SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Help with WINE

| posted 29 Jan, 2020 22:27
To adjust the VM desktop image use the virtual box View -> Virtual Screen -> Scale to…
menu item. When I am on a high res screen like my macbook pro screen I set "Scale to 200%" and when I am on an external monitor I set "Scale to 100%" but feel free to pick whatever scale works best for you.
| posted 11 Jan, 2021 11:38
I have been running DNA Master using WINE on my Mac (High Sierra) since 2016 and have had no problems with it (including last week). When I tried to open it today, it wouldn't start at all. I downloaded Quartz and DNA Master again, but they still won't work. Has this method expired? I recently removed Flash Player from my computer. Would that cause a problem? Thanks.
Christine
| posted 26 Jan, 2022 16:18
byrumc@cofc.edu
I have been running DNA Master using WINE on my Mac (High Sierra) since 2016 and have had no problems with it (including last week). When I tried to open it today, it wouldn't start at all. I downloaded Quartz and DNA Master again, but they still won't work. Has this method expired? I recently removed Flash Player from my computer. Would that cause a problem? Thanks.
Christine

I am having the same issues. Looking forward to how others have navigated it.
| posted 13 Jan, 2023 06:29
I am trying to blast all genes on my genome and the process gets to about 33% and then stops and a (Not Responding) appears at the top of the page. I can close the file and start over and the same thing happens–part of the genome gets blasted and then it halts and stops responding. Any idea what is going on? I am using DNA Master on Windows within Virtual Box (obviously I have a mac). Thanks for any help you can offer.
| posted 13 Jan, 2023 06:29
I am trying to blast all genes on my genome and the process gets to about 33% and then stops and a (Not Responding) appears at the top of the page. I can close the file and start over and the same thing happens–part of the genome gets blasted and then it halts and stops responding. Any idea what is going on? I am using DNA Master on Windows within Virtual Box (obviously I have a mac). Thanks for any help you can offer.
| posted 14 Jan, 2023 01:18
Nancy,
It just takes a long time. In the meantime, it will look like it is not responding! Wait for the log that pops up long after you see 100% done.
Good luck!
debbie

Login to post a reply.