SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

New Features in PECAAN

| posted 16 Aug, 2019 22:54
Thanks Claire,

That is helpful and we had seen some hints in the HHpred.
The students had suggested that the only matches were all "integrases" without any further designation. I will have to take a closer look when we are back in class again. Thanks again for your time!
Best,
Heather
| posted 17 Aug, 2019 20:12
DrHHNZ
Thanks Claire,

That is helpful and we had seen some hints in the HHpred.
The students had suggested that the only matches were all "integrases" without any further designation. I will have to take a closer look when we are back in class again. Thanks again for your time!
Best,
Heather

Hi Heather - I think that is an NCBI issue. The hits used to say which they were, but I think more recently NCBI decided to use the generic "integrase" for everything so that information doesn't pop out like it used to.

Lee
| posted 18 Aug, 2019 20:03
I see you added Topcons now, too. Cool!

Steve

Login to post a reply.