SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Important DNA Master Update

| posted 13 Jun, 2018 19:26
Check under help and About!
| posted 14 Jun, 2018 21:19
The version is at help -> about.
If you have not changed preferences to use secure servers, you will not get blast results.
I have attached a picture of the correct settings.
| posted 15 Jun, 2018 10:33
Ok, thanks to all and the version is correct and settings are also correct. When I hit blast this gene it returns: Cannot load SSL library with a big X
RS Pollenz
| posted 15 Jun, 2018 15:00
So you may be missing a driver. I am not sure. I have attached a picture of 3 files that should be in your DNA Master folder. Check the root of where these files are (captured in the attached photo) along with the 3 files that should be there. They are Windows files and don't move easily. I am providing one of them becuase it is the one that is usually missing. If you can't access this file from my DropBox, download it from the web.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzlq44kn958fyma/msvcr100.dll?dl=0
| posted 15 Jun, 2018 15:53
Pollenz
Thanks Dan, the version i have is updated, but where do i see the info above about the build, i dont see it in the preferences. I can say that the secure window does not look exactly like the notes I saw as its missing one of the check boxes. I also am getting a "cant load SSL library when I tried to blas a single gene.

Ah, SSL error. Did you see this?
https://seaphages.org/forums/topic/4436/?page=1#post-5805

–Dan
| posted 26 May, 2021 00:33
Greetings, all!
I have research students this summer and I have a new student who didn't have the phage course and I'd like to start her on an annotation project. I'm not able to perform the auto-annotation on our phage in DNA Master. My version of DNA Master is up to date (Version 5.23.6, Build 2700, 11 May 2021), I re-started DNA Master after updating, and I followed the directions on Dan's blog post. All I get are two tRNAs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Kathleen
| posted 26 May, 2021 01:46
Hi Kathleen,
Sounds like your preferences are not quite right.
https://seaphagesbioinformatics.helpdocsonline.com/article-66

In step 2, make sure that you have the server set correctly. the unlock code is Hatfull and there is no password.

debbie
| posted 26 May, 2021 02:09
Thanks, Debbie! And to Veronique, who sent me a very well-timed email! I figured it out five minutes after I posted (figures….) I forgot to click on the "Use PBI server for SEA PHAGES courses". Works like a charm now. Thanks for all of the help, especially at this hour of the evening!
Be well,
Kathleen
| posted 04 Aug, 2021 03:40
Hello,

I am in the process of installing a virtual machine for my mac computer. I am following the download instructions but ran into a problem in the below step.

3.Create a Windows Virtual Machine.
–> Step 2

All I can see in the preview screen is a black box that says "no bootable medium found".

Any suggestions would be appreciated on how to proceed with this issue.

–Nancy

Login to post a reply.