SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Annotation advise: Frameshift in A4

| posted 20 Feb, 2018 21:50
What appears (to my eyes) to be a correctly annotated frameshift is getting the attached error when we click "validate", and another group is seeing the same thing multiplied. I don't know what this means. Have you seen this before? Is it an issue, and if so is there a solution?
| posted 20 Feb, 2018 21:52
This is what the annotation looks like.
| posted 21 Feb, 2018 16:44
Hi Joann,
Did you remember to change the number of regions in the description tab to "2" ?

Best,
Welkin
| posted 21 Feb, 2018 19:21
Welkin Pope
Hi Joann,
Did you remember to change the number of regions in the description tab to "2" ?

Best,
Welkin

I just double checked–and the number of regions in the description tab is set to 2. Still see same validation error message(s). We are also seeing "15102 - 15473 and share a 5' (upstream) coordinate"–am assuming is a valid warning since the properly annotated longer (downstream) gene will share a start site with the upstream gene.

I've tried several other things to try and get rid of the following without success.
"join(0. .0;0. .0)
Incorrect region counts"
or "complement (join(0. .0))
Region lengths not correct"

Looks like this is a different issue. I'll create a new topic (validation errors) and will post more details there.

Login to post a reply.