SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

F: and FS: determination question.

| posted 26 Jan, 2016 18:32
I understand how to determine "F: function" based on Blastp and HHPred results. I think I've got that.

I cannot find in the DM User guide what "FS:" refers to. I see it mentioned on pages 11 and 76. Page 76 refers to section 10. But I find nothing in section 10 to let me know what "FS:" refers to.

Can someone please let me know what FS: stands for and how to determine the FS: value for a specific gene?

Thanks in advance.
| posted 27 Jan, 2016 02:42
"FS:" stands for Function Source.

This is the source of the data you provided in "F:" (so NCBI Blast, or PhagesDB Blast, HHPRED, etc.)
| posted 27 Jan, 2016 14:42
Thanks… Brain was working on 1.5hrs of sleep yesterday. I finally realized this in the afternoon section as we were looking at our annotation forms more closely.

Thanks for being here! The support through this forum and the SEA faculty is awesome!

Login to post a reply.