SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Approved list

| posted 30 Oct, 2017 19:55
The approved list you just posted includes:

139 Toxin in toxin/antitoxin system, HicB-like Xeno_32

In addition to listing HicB-like as the anti-toxin. I believe HicA is the toxin and HicB is the anti-toxin and that HicB should not be listed as both the toxin and anti-toxin.

Steve
| posted 30 Oct, 2017 19:57
Steven Caruso
The approved list you just posted includes:

139 Toxin in toxin/antitoxin system, HicB-like Xeno_32

In addition to listing HicB-like as the anti-toxin. I believe HicA is the toxin and HicB is the anti-toxin and that HicB should not be listed as both the toxin and anti-toxin.

Steve

Thanks for the eagle eyes, Steve. I'll let Welkin (the master curator) know.

–Dan
| posted 31 Oct, 2017 14:51
Wait, there is a new list posted? I looked at seaphages.org under faculty info and phagesdb.org under workflow/annotations. Both those are the Nov 2015 version. Link please.
Edited 31 Oct, 2017 14:53
| posted 31 Oct, 2017 15:31
Hi Chris,

Without any other super-obvious place to put it, I added it as a blog entry. It's brand-new (Steve found it moments after putting it up) so we haven't had a chance to cross-link everything (guides, other pages) to it yet, but we will soon!

https://seaphages.org/blog/2017/10/30/official-function-list/

–Dan
| posted 09 Nov, 2017 20:42
What is the recommended protocol for suggesting updates to the newly posted list?
For now I will just suggest here that we add "dNMP kinase" to the "do NOT Use" column for the written out entry "deoxynucleoside monophosphate kinase".
| posted 09 Nov, 2017 20:54
I think for small stuff like that you can just email Welkin, since she's the keeper of the list at the moment. That's probably simplest.

If it's a larger issue that others might be wondering about, then just post on the forum itself. Welkin recently posted a "READ THIS FIRST" post with some instructions.

https://seaphages.org/forums/topic/4440/

–Dan

Login to post a reply.