SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Approved list

| posted 30 Oct, 2017 19:55
The approved list you just posted includes:

139 Toxin in toxin/antitoxin system, HicB-like Xeno_32

In addition to listing HicB-like as the anti-toxin. I believe HicA is the toxin and HicB is the anti-toxin and that HicB should not be listed as both the toxin and anti-toxin.

Steve
| posted 30 Oct, 2017 19:57
Steven Caruso
The approved list you just posted includes:

139 Toxin in toxin/antitoxin system, HicB-like Xeno_32

In addition to listing HicB-like as the anti-toxin. I believe HicA is the toxin and HicB is the anti-toxin and that HicB should not be listed as both the toxin and anti-toxin.

Steve

Thanks for the eagle eyes, Steve. I'll let Welkin (the master curator) know.

–Dan
| posted 31 Oct, 2017 14:51
Wait, there is a new list posted? I looked at seaphages.org under faculty info and phagesdb.org under workflow/annotations. Both those are the Nov 2015 version. Link please.
Edited 31 Oct, 2017 14:53
| posted 31 Oct, 2017 15:31
Hi Chris,

Without any other super-obvious place to put it, I added it as a blog entry. It's brand-new (Steve found it moments after putting it up) so we haven't had a chance to cross-link everything (guides, other pages) to it yet, but we will soon!

https://seaphages.org/blog/2017/10/30/official-function-list/

–Dan
| posted 09 Nov, 2017 20:42
What is the recommended protocol for suggesting updates to the newly posted list?
For now I will just suggest here that we add "dNMP kinase" to the "do NOT Use" column for the written out entry "deoxynucleoside monophosphate kinase".
| posted 09 Nov, 2017 20:54
I think for small stuff like that you can just email Welkin, since she's the keeper of the list at the moment. That's probably simplest.

If it's a larger issue that others might be wondering about, then just post on the forum itself. Welkin recently posted a "READ THIS FIRST" post with some instructions.

https://seaphages.org/forums/topic/4440/

–Dan

| posted 17 Jan, 2018 17:39
Dan, I try regularly to update our function list in PECAAN so that it matches the Official Function List here at SEA PHAGES (https://seaphages.org/blog/2017/10/30/official-function-list/). I noticed that you have a line at the top of the page:

Written by Dan Russell on Oct. 30, 2017 .

My question is this, does this date change whenever you update the list? If not, then could you put a "Last Updated" cell in the sheet itself that will give me something to monitor?

-Claire
| posted 17 Jan, 2018 17:52
Claire,

I can tell from looking that things have been added since October to this list. For example we just added two functions that are found in the genome of Tesla and they are at the bottom of the list.

Best,

Dave
| posted 17 Jan, 2018 17:58
Hi Claire,

I just added a "Last modified" date to the Google Sheet. It should auto-update anytime the list is changed and saved. The date itself is in cell B1.

Hope that helps!
–Dan
| posted 18 Jan, 2018 02:30
Excellent!
Thank you both. I just updated PECAAN today to match the list.

-Claire

Login to post a reply.