SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Pham Number Discrepancy

| posted 25 Apr, 2018 21:48
We have a question regarding Bones_45, an A1 cluster phage our class is annotating. One of our students noticed that the Pham number on Phamerator, 42083 (561 members) varies from the Pham number found in PhagesDB, 45161 (580 members). Pham 42083 is not found in PhagesDB. Both indicate the function as DNA Polymerase I. Any insight on the discrepancy would be appreciated.
| posted 26 Apr, 2018 11:50
Andrea,
The databases need a moment to talk to one another. Once data is updated in Phamerator, phagesDB will follow. You just caught them in the middle.
| posted 26 Apr, 2018 13:55
Hi Andrea,

As Debbie said, the "master" copy of Phamerator gets updated about once a week. PhagesDB checks every night to see if a new version exists and if so, installs it. Online Phamerator does the same, but might not check every night, which is why things may appear out-of-sync for a day or two. But thanks for letting us know, and I'll double-check that everything is working as intended.

–Dan
| posted 26 Apr, 2018 18:03
Hi Andrea,

I have updated Phamerator.org and it should now match what you see on PhagesDB.org. You might need to reload the site in order to see the change.

Best,
Steve

Login to post a reply.