SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

FTP error prevents updates and no Local Settings boxes

| posted 10 Jan, 2017 16:38
Hi,
So we got our IT to load DNA Master to a lab of computers and to an instructor computer. I just went through to make sure everything was working correctly and found that all of the computers are giving me "FTP error." Didn't think much of it at first, but it won't let me change any of the preferences on the Local Settings, update settings or even save properly. The build number is 2346. I tried reinstalling with the copy of the software from my laptop and the same thing happened. (Note: our computers on campus keep timing out the Pitt site).

I looked at site at Pitt and there was a slip-stream update. I downloaded it to another computer and disc to get the update, but don't know where to put it to even try to fix it. Any ideas.

Thanks.
Mary Ann
| posted 20 Jan, 2017 18:27
Hi Mary Ann,
You shouldn't need the slipstream update. That was to update versions of the program from before 2012. The current version of the program that is installed when you download from JEffrey's website does not need the slip stream update. If you did somehow manage to get an old version, you would unpack that file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DNA Master directory.

His website was down a few times last week, which could have caused your FTP error. Have you tried again since then?
Best,
Welkin
| posted 26 Jan, 2017 15:52
Hi again Welkin,
I tried several more times this past week. We still are having the same problem. I'm going to try talking to our IT department. Do you have any other ideas on how to fix?
Thanks.
Mary Ann

Login to post a reply.