SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

DNAMaster in Wine slow or hung up

| posted 17 Jan, 2017 21:31
Today we tried to import our FASTA files and autoannotate. The majority of the students were able to accomplish this, although it took longer than usual. Several students and myself were never able to get the file to load. As I tried to recreate the problem with Jason K (our IT person) we have been hung up on the EXPORT. The Features table never fills.
We are working with the most recent update 12.3
We want to know
1. during this process is there interaction with servers (genemark? glimmer?) on the network or is this all local at this point?
2. If there is network interaction is there a way to generate a log or a trace file so we can see what is going on?

Thanks!
Tammy
| posted 18 Jan, 2017 17:02
Hi Tammy,
Yes, the program is trying to interact with the servers at NCBI to run glimmer and genemark in order to populate the table.

For a log, try the Event Manager, under Tools -> Database Managers.

Best,
Welkin
| posted 18 Jan, 2017 17:19
Thanks. We are having the same problem when we try it on Windows. Is there something I'm missing or are others experiencing this, too.
| posted 18 Jan, 2017 17:22
All seems to be running now. I'll see how it goes in lab.
Thanks.
Edited 18 Jan, 2017 18:44

Login to post a reply.