SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Trimming tRNAs

| posted 29 Sep, 2024 15:27
Hi, It's been a very long time since my students or I had to trim a tRNA. I've looked on all the videos and on how to document the tRNA. On Aragorn and DNA Master it seems to be matching in start and stop codons as well as length, but the ends are different on the structure. I've circled it in red where I think it's different. How, do I fix this so that I can submit it for preliminary review? Thanks,
Edited 29 Sep, 2024 15:28
| posted 30 Sep, 2024 00:08
Hi Sarah,
tRNAs are called by Aragorn 1.1 in DNA Master. The ends were corrected in a later version. The on-line version calls the ends correctly (version 1.2.41)
The best set of directions in the Bioinformatics Guide are found here: https://seaphagesbioinformatics.helpdocsonline.com/documenting-trnas

You just enter the coordinated in the 3'5'fields of the feature table and copy/paste the product from the on-line version of Aragorn tRNA. I have circled where you enter the coordinates on your power point.
debbie
| posted 30 Sep, 2024 11:37
Thank you.
Edited 30 Sep, 2024 11:37

Login to post a reply.