SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Genemark Graphical Representation Q1

| posted 10 Feb, 2016 18:56
When running Genemark on one of our phages the output had a blackened triangle near the coding potential line.

I'm sure we were probably told during the annotation training… but I've lost it.

Can someone please tell me what this indicates? Thanks in advance. Greg

(I think if you click the broken picture link it will open a shared image from dropbox.)
Edited 10 Feb, 2016 18:58
| posted 10 Feb, 2016 19:00
(I think if you click the broken picture link it will open a shared image from dropbox.)

If not, it's attached here.
| posted 11 Feb, 2016 22:18
Greg,
Though it is always helpful to know the whole context, I think you are asking about what GeneMark calls a possible frameshift. It has identified some sort of ribosomal slippage. Know that we do not call any frameshifts except for the programmed frameshift found in the tail assembly chaperones found upstream of the tape measure protein. Make sense?

Login to post a reply.