SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Local settings/New Features differed from Fig 1.2

| posted 04 Feb, 2016 19:01
Some DM did not show Figure 1.2 completely, the lower part was totally missed (see pdf attached) even we updated DM and restarted PC many times. What might be wrong?

Thanks,
Eric.
| posted 04 Feb, 2016 21:31
chumho
Some DM did not show Figure 1.2 completely, the lower part was totally missed (see pdf attached) even we updated DM and restarted PC many times. What might be wrong?

Thanks,
Eric.

Hi Eric,

What is the build number of the computers having problems? To find this out, go to Help –> About.

–Dan
| posted 04 Feb, 2016 21:50
Dan Russell
chumho

Thanks,
Eric.

Hi Eric,

What is the build number of the computers having problems? To find this out, go to Help –> About.

–Dan

Version 5.22.5. Actually I had asked our IT to download and reinstall DNA Master again. It is working now. The current version is 5.22.23. But I'm confused why the 'update DNA Master' function didn't do the work.
| posted 04 Feb, 2016 21:52
chumho
Dan Russell
chumho

Thanks,
Eric.

Hi Eric,

–Dan

Version 5.22.5. Actually I had asked our IT to download and reinstall DNA Master again. It is working now. The current version is 5.22.23. But I'm confused why the 'update DNA Master' function didn't do the work.

The most common problem with DNA Master is that it's not being run as an administrator. If not, then even when the update "completes", it won't really be updated. The best thing to do is to check that build number and see whether it's up-to-date or not. If not, then run an update and check the build number again. If it hasn't updated, then something else is wrong (like not running as an administrator).

–Dan
| posted 04 Feb, 2016 22:03
Dan Russell
chumho
Dan Russell
chumho

Thanks,
Eric.

Hi Eric,

–Dan

The most common problem with DNA Master is that it's not being run as an administrator. If not, then even when the update "completes", it won't really be updated. The best thing to do is to check that build number and see whether it's up-to-date or not. If not, then run an update and check the build number again. If it hasn't updated, then something else is wrong (like not running as an administrator).

–Dan

Got it. Thanks.
smile

Login to post a reply.