SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Phage Enzyme Tools - PET2.0 - Down?

| posted 30 Oct, 2023 01:27
Good evening all!

Does anyone have any news about Phage Enzyme Tools (PET2.0)? I have used it as part of my class for years and have noticed that it has been down for a few days.

Thanks!

Steve
| posted 30 Oct, 2023 20:25
Hello, everyone -

Unfortunately the PET Tool has been taken down. There was an issue with unauthorized access to the AWS hosting site account. We are also not currently able to access/update the database. Our computer sciences colleagues are working on the problem but I am afraid PET will not be available for use this semester. We will let everyone know when it becomes available again.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

- Ann & Chris
| posted 30 Oct, 2023 20:25
Hello, everyone -

Unfortunately the PET Tool has been taken down. There was an issue with unauthorized access to the AWS hosting site account. We are also not currently able to access/update the database. Our computer sciences colleagues are working on the problem but I am afraid PET will not be available for use this semester. We will let everyone know when it becomes available again.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

- Ann & Chris
| posted 21 Feb, 2024 23:09
Hello all,

Has there been any movement on getting Phage Enzyme Tools (PET 2.0) back online? We are approaching a point in the 2024 spring semester where we'd typically use it.

JB

Login to post a reply.