SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Phage Enzyme Tools - PET2.0 - Down?

| posted 30 Oct, 2023 01:27
Good evening all!

Does anyone have any news about Phage Enzyme Tools (PET2.0)? I have used it as part of my class for years and have noticed that it has been down for a few days.

Thanks!

Steve
| posted 30 Oct, 2023 20:25
Hello, everyone -

Unfortunately the PET Tool has been taken down. There was an issue with unauthorized access to the AWS hosting site account. We are also not currently able to access/update the database. Our computer sciences colleagues are working on the problem but I am afraid PET will not be available for use this semester. We will let everyone know when it becomes available again.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

- Ann & Chris
| posted 30 Oct, 2023 20:25
Hello, everyone -

Unfortunately the PET Tool has been taken down. There was an issue with unauthorized access to the AWS hosting site account. We are also not currently able to access/update the database. Our computer sciences colleagues are working on the problem but I am afraid PET will not be available for use this semester. We will let everyone know when it becomes available again.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

- Ann & Chris
| posted 21 Feb, 2024 23:09
Hello all,

Has there been any movement on getting Phage Enzyme Tools (PET 2.0) back online? We are approaching a point in the 2024 spring semester where we'd typically use it.

JB
| posted 13 Mar, 2024 21:12
Does anyone know the status of PET2.0?

jbricker
Hello all,

Has there been any movement on getting Phage Enzyme Tools (PET 2.0) back online? We are approaching a point in the 2024 spring semester where we'd typically use it.

JB
| posted 16 Mar, 2024 22:16
From Ann Findley:
"I just checked with our computer science folks who were responsible for writing the code and administering the database. Unfortunately, when they went into the AWS account that was hosting the PET they were not able to recover the code. The latest information is that they are attempting to use an earlier version of PET to resurrect the tool. I am not certain of their timeline for completion."
Best,
debbie

Login to post a reply.