SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

In Genbank

| posted 04 Sep, 2020 19:25
So I was just browsing and saw our first phage, Yavru, is reported as "In Genbank" and has an accession number. But the number leads nowhere and NCBI these days is horrible to browse and find anything in Genbank (at least in my hands).

MT889364: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/MT889364

Any tips to find the sequence? Want to show the students their names in lights!

Kyle=

Kyle MacLea
Associate Professor, University of New Hampshire at Manchester
kyle.maclea@unh.edu +1 603-641-4129
| posted 04 Sep, 2020 19:46
Kyle,
It is up to GenBank. They promise an accession number in 3 days when a genome is submitted. Then they have to process it. That time is unpredictable. My last submissions took ~ month.
debbie
| posted 04 Sep, 2020 20:04
Thank you, Debbie. I've also noticed they are extremely variable with activation times. It's odd because they create the number so you'd think putting it up would be easy once you have that, but I guess not!

Thanks!

Kyle

Kyle MacLea
Associate Professor, University of New Hampshire at Manchester
kyle.maclea@unh.edu +1 603-641-4129

Login to post a reply.