SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

RBS Data

| posted 23 Apr, 2019 22:13
I have two questions about the RBS data that we are going to fill in our annotation, the guide says that we must write [NA/Scoring Matrix, spacing matrix, Z score, Final score, yes/no](1), and the way we used to calculate the RBS (2).

1) Is necessary all that information, because at the time to write it could be a little bit confusing and also, what does yes/no are the for?

2) I thought that we were going to be able to find this information in DNA Master –> ORG –> RBS

I am working with phage Tubs.
Thanks!
JM
| posted 25 Apr, 2019 22:25
It is OK to indicate on your coversheet which scoring matrix and spacing matrix you used, as long as you don't change it on a per gene basis. Z-score and final score should still be included with every gene.
Yes/no indicates if it is the best score or not, as compared to the other choices for that gene.

Edited 25 Apr, 2019 22:32

Login to post a reply.