SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Portal/Head-t-o-tail Case Study Question

| posted 22 Nov, 2018 18:01
I'm following up on Zetzy, an A3, that we used in the Hack-a-thon, and I have a quick question.

I was able to call two genes NKF (that had been labeled otherwise in other phages), and another as head-to-tail adapter based on the Case Study and the table provided at end, that outlines the PDB hit requirements (5A21_D). But the next gene's PDB his is to 5A21_E, which is not listed. The only 'E' version of the entry contains SPP1 proteins 15, 16, and 17.

Any thoughts? 'G/17' is downstream, so could this be 'F/16"?

HHPred: https://toolkit.tuebingen.mpg.de/#/jobs/Zet_13195

Protein: MSLLDGGPQYEDILVFPEEAVTDEDGNTKTRPSATGIPAKARFQVQGQSGTSARRAEQDNEGFESEKVYRMRFPRSWDAEHGVLGAQSEIEWRGKRWALFGDVNFYNSSRRTARIDYTVKRYZ
| posted 23 Nov, 2018 18:30
Steve,
5A21_E is listed along with 5A21_F as a head-to-tail stopper.
debbie
| posted 23 Nov, 2018 18:36
Thank you. I see it in the text, now, though the table at the end shows "F."

Thanks, again.

Steve
| posted 23 Nov, 2018 18:54
Steve,
you mean the table at the end of the case study, right? That is because that gene only hits F and not E. I am not sure how to avoid the confusion. E is in the Functional Assignment list appropriately. If you have a better suggestion let me know.

Login to post a reply.