SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

transposase in F cluster?

| posted 11 Jun, 2018 14:12
Okay! I'm QCing an F cluster (QuickMath) that calls a transposase. According to the approved functions list, there must be a tranposon. I don't know how to begin to check for this.

Thanks!
| posted 10 Mar, 2021 19:20
c.sunnen
Okay! I'm QCing an F cluster (QuickMath) that calls a transposase. According to the approved functions list, there must be a tranposon. I don't know how to begin to check for this.

Thanks!

Great question. We are currently looking at a Cluster F (specifically F1) phage that has multiple 100% probability hits in NCBI blasts with other transposase. We are trying to look for inverted repeats surrounding the gene. But we do not see any other info the bioinformatics guide on how to identify an actual transposon in phage genomes.

Is there a case study available on this. Our hit is much stronger than the reference phage gene in Omega_21.

Any thought and or redirection to a case study on identifying transposons would be awesomeness! Thanks. Greg

Login to post a reply.