SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Tail assembly chaperones

| posted 09 Apr, 2018 14:24
Although the group annotating the Bibwit genome has not seen other supporting data, there is synteny with the tail assembly chaperones (genes 31 and 32) annotated in Gordonia phage Sitar. I do not see that a frameshift has been identified for Sitar_32. Should we propose a frameshift or hold off and wait for other evidence that may be pending for Sitar?
Beckie Bortz
Edited 25 Apr, 2018 22:11
| posted 26 Apr, 2018 11:38
Hi. My supporting data is:
Sitar_31 has a Pfam hit to TAC (90.6%/40% coverage). It is in the right location for a TAC. The G protein most typically hits homologs (vs T). I could not find the slippery sequence when I checked this genome. Could it be a +1 at position 24240, 24242?

Login to post a reply.