SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Starterator in 2016 VM

| posted 21 Sep, 2015 03:34
Where is Starterator in the 2016 VM? I can't seem to find it.
Thanks!
Sharon
| posted 21 Sep, 2015 16:59
ok, found it!smile
| posted 24 Sep, 2015 19:49
For anyone else who's looking, Starterator is installed only on the seastudent account, so you'll have to log into that one. There should be an icon on the left bar for Starterator thereafter.

–Dan
| posted 24 Sep, 2015 20:00
Hi Dan, I questioned my sanity on this one. I couldn't find the Starterator icon when I logged in as faculty. My students kept telling me that the icon was there. That I must just be overlooking it (or blind!). I eventually logged in as a student and saw what they were seeing.
Thanks,
-Sharon
| posted 23 Feb, 2016 19:12
Dan Russell
For anyone else who's looking, Starterator is installed only on the seastudent account, so you'll have to log into that one. There should be an icon on the left bar for Starterator thereafter.

–Dan
I had the same moment of concern about going crazy when the students told us it was right there in the Launchbar. Anyhow, I went with Plan B which was to copy the installStarterator.sh file from one of the Starterator subdirectories in the seastudent directory to the seafaculty Applications directory. Ran it and now have the Starterator icon on my Desktop. It's not neatly tucked into the Launchbar but it still works.

Keith

Login to post a reply.