SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Messages for Cabrini College

| posted 25 May, 2016 17:30
We are devastated here in Pittsburgh to hear the tragic news, and will miss David enormously. His unending enthusiasm was totally infectious and he was very proud of his Marvin tattoo on his upper arm! We will all really miss him.
| posted 25 May, 2016 19:02
I was also shocked and very saddened to hear this news. I will miss David’s enthusiasm – I will always remember how excited he was to see his phage under the electron microscope during our training week. He shared that excitement and joy he had for discovery with his students, and his positive personality will definitely be missed.
| posted 25 May, 2016 21:01
Dear all:

David's obituary can be found at http://www.schislerfuneralhomes.com/obituary/david-dunbar-phd

Condolences to his family can be sent to Mel and Linda Dunbar, 90 Kennetta Lane, Palmerton, PA 18071

| posted 30 May, 2016 02:10
David Dunbar was a colleague and a friend.  We belonged to the same cohort for both the SEA-PHAGES and GEP Programs.  We had many common interests and shared happy times together both at Janelia and WU.  He was fun to be with.  David was a dedicated scientist and educator.  He was enthusiastic, insightful, and productive with a keen sense of humor.  David was committed to his students and this was apparent at the symposia and meetings we attended together over the years.  I am saddened by his passing.  He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.  My sincere condolences to his family, friends, and students and colleagues at Cabrini College.

(Two photographs are attached below)
Edited 30 May, 2016 04:34
| posted 31 May, 2016 15:44
Often, at SEA meetings and events, faculty are broken into small groups for discussions or group work. Whenever I walked into the meeting room and saw David there, I knew it would be a great discussion. David brought so much to our community. His loss will be felt for years and years to come. My heart goes out to David's family, friends, and colleagues at Cabrini and beyond.

Login to post a reply.