SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Messages for Cabrini College

| posted 24 May, 2016 18:08
What an enormous loss. David's infectious enthusiasm and excitement brightened every Seaphages Symposium; he brought such humor, intelligence, and warmth to all his interactions. My deepest sympathies to David's family, friends, and the Cabrini community. He will be so missed by so many!
| posted 24 May, 2016 19:01
I am so sad to hear of this tragic accident. David was always willing to share and talk about science and I admired his enthusiasm and dedication to his students. Blessings and prayers for God's peace and comfort to all his friends and family.
| posted 24 May, 2016 19:52
I too was shocked and deeply saddened by David's untimely passing. He was such a positive, enthusiastic influence for everyone that interacted with him. I will always remember the encouragement and support he provided so freely for so many of us over the years. Our deepest sympathies to his family and the students and faculty at Cabrini.
| posted 24 May, 2016 20:02
I do hope his family will take some small comfort in how widely David was loved and respected. Not many people can have the wide and positive impact David had, he will be missed but he will also be remembered.
| posted 24 May, 2016 20:10
So shocking because he was such a vibrant individual. He had remarkable enthusiasm and love for science, students, and fun. He was always a joy to interact with and he will be terribly missed in the SEA. We at Calvin offer our prayers and sympathies to his family and to the Cabrini community.
Edited 24 May, 2016 20:44
| posted 24 May, 2016 20:51
David was one of the most enthusiastic, kindest and most generous people I have met. He loved phage and teaching biology and he infected (pun intended) all of us with his enthusiasm. He will be greatly missed by the SEA community.
| posted 24 May, 2016 21:24
David was one of the people I always looked forward to seeing at the SEA Symposium. His exuberance and enthusiasm for the SEA, phage research, teaching, and his students made him such a wonderful gift to all of us. He was so genuinely caring, warm and engaging and I will miss him dearly. My heart goes out to his family, his students and his colleagues at Cabrini.
| posted 25 May, 2016 03:45
I am so sorry to hear this sad news. We have lost a wonderful colleague and superb mentor for many young scientists.
| posted 25 May, 2016 11:41
I am so sad to hear this. My heart goes out to David's family and the entire Cabrini community, including those students who hadn't yet had the chance to learn from and with him.
| posted 25 May, 2016 17:23
I too was saddened by this tragic news. I so enjoyed seeing David at SEA gatherings because of his enthusiasm for science, his warmth and good humor and his generosity of spirit. He will be greatly missed. My sincerest condolences to his family and his many friends and colleagues.

Login to post a reply.