SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Genome Sequence Arthrobacter globiformis NRRL B-2979

| posted 25 Sep, 2024 15:12
Is the genome sequence of this host strain available? I can't find it on NCBI or other online sources.

Thanks!
| posted yesterday, 14:29
Hi Stephanie,

I don't think we ever finalized the sequence of this one, but we do have some Illumina reads which we assembled into WGS contigs. I'll add it to our Nanopore sequencing queue and run it the next time we do a MinION run so we can get the complete sequence.

In the meantime, if you'd like to have the contigs we've assembled, I can email those to you.

–Dan
| posted yesterday, 16:36
Hi Dan,
That would be great if you could email the contigs! It would be helpful for nanopore sequecning reads at NCSU that have host contamination smile

Thank you!
Stephanie

Login to post a reply.