SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

tail assembly chaperone

| posted 03 Jun, 2018 20:09
I think that we have missed a gene in these genomes. Look at the gap between upstream of the tape measure. I don't (yet) see the slippery sequence, but I think that is the T region of the G-T protein of a tail assembly chaperone.
| posted 17 Apr, 2019 17:38
Are we annotating a frameshift for this cluster or waiting for more evidence? I'm assuming no for now since none of the ANs have annotated a frameshift?
Edited 17 Apr, 2019 17:40
| posted 18 Apr, 2019 13:27
Sara,
This is a timely question. This summer Welkin learned that siphoviridae do not have to have 2 tail assembly chaperone genes. Some can have one. Our evidence for phage Laila is that it has one. When we originally called these genomes, we assumed 2. I think that little gene between the TAC and TMP, gene 14, is real, but not necessarily a tail assembly chaperone (and therefore a hypothetical protein).
Make sense?
thanks for the question!
debbie

Login to post a reply.