SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

tRNAs in Cluster C

| posted 06 Mar, 2018 18:36
There are 32-36 tRNAs in each Cluster C phage. These will be located in three different clusters of tRNA genes in the genome. Make sure you run both tRNAscanSE and Aragorn online to find them all and get the correct end coordinates. And remember that Phamerator maps don't display tRNA genes, so there will only be a gap in coding sequences on the map of phages with finished annotations.
| posted 29 Nov, 2018 17:03
I have been clearing the Cluster C1 genomes on the Genome Exchange. Here's my tRNA tips!

I made a decision to follow the tRNA calls of an RNA guy here at Pitt (Dr. Craig Peebles). Some of these tRNAs may not make the infernal score cut-offs, but have passed his inspection. Please follow these tRNA calls in your cluster C1 genomes.

I am getting all Cluster C1 genomes from the genome Exchange processed. So far, you can look for these specific gene calls in Bonray, TinyTim, Khaleesi, McWolfish, Morizzled23, Jessibeth14.

The original genomes that were looked at by Dr. Peebles include: Bxz1, Catera, ET08, LRRHood, Myrna, Rizal, ScottMcG, Spud.

Any of these should have reviewed tRNA calls.
Edited 30 Nov, 2018 18:09
| posted 22 Jan, 2019 01:54
The infernal score for the tRNAs called is lower than what is described in the guide. Use an infernal score of 20 for the tRNA calls in Cluster C annotations.

Login to post a reply.