SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

DNA Master Fetch by Accession error

| posted 08 May, 2023 21:00
I have been getting errors when trying to download some genomes from GenBank, but not all. I'm attaching an image of the error I received today trying to download Streptomyces phage Andris.

I'm not sure if this is part of the problem or not, but all the genomes that have given me this error have been more recent (I've verified that they are active in GenBank) and seemed to have an accession number starting with the letter "O".

Lee
| posted 09 May, 2023 00:07
Hi Lee,
Yep. that has been happening for a while. I agree it something with the "O", but that is not easily explained.
When all else fails, i go to the GenBank page and download a GenBank file and import that way. Dr. Lawrence also knows of this error, but DNA master can no longer be updated.
it is inconvenient, for usre.
debbie
| posted 09 May, 2023 13:46
Thanks, Debbie. Good to know it's not just me, and thanks for the thoughts on a workaround.

Lee

Login to post a reply.