SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

TbFeatures error

| posted 12 Jun, 2020 01:19
Hi a student working with me has the attached error. He is on the latest version of DNAMaster .Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thank you!
| posted 12 Jun, 2020 11:21
Hi Christos,
This how you fix the file. It is a bit tedious.
https://seaphagesbioinformatics.helpdocsonline.com/article-104
Good luck,
debbie
| posted 16 Jun, 2020 17:07
debbie
Hi Christos,
This how you fix the file. It is a bit tedious.
https://seaphagesbioinformatics.helpdocsonline.com/article-104
Good luck,
debbie

Hi Debbie,
my student tried and nothing really happened. Even the features that he auto annotated were erased and the same error when trying to open Frames occurred. Any suggestions?
| posted 18 Jun, 2020 12:51
Ok. Could you send me the file and let me try? I also couldn't fix a file recently, so I may need to get some help from Dr. Lawrence.
Thanks,
debbie
| posted 18 Jun, 2020 13:02
Thank you Debbie, attached please find the file
| posted 23 Jun, 2020 14:19
cnoutsos
Thank you Debbie, attached please find the file
Hi Debbie,
I was wondering if you had a chance to see the file . Any help will be highly appreciated.
Christos
| posted 23 Jun, 2020 14:55
Christos,
I am still unsuccessful, but checking. Can you open and use a different .dnam5 file on your machine?
Was PECAAN used to create your file? What is the next best version of your file?
debbie
| posted 23 Jun, 2020 15:07
debbie
Christos,
I am still unsuccessful, but checking. Can you open and use a different .dnam5 file on your machine?
Was PECAAN used to create your file? What is the next best version of your file?
debbie

No PECAAN was not used. So this is what happens: When I first open the file features are empty. When I reopen it I get the features . If I save the file with a different name I still have the same issue.
| posted 23 Jun, 2020 23:18
Christos,
I unpacked one of my files, so how your file was broken is extraordinary. My next advice is to revert to an older file that is not broke or to cut and paste from documentation. let me know if I can help.
debbie
| posted 23 Jun, 2020 23:24
debbie
Christos,
I unpacked one of my files, so how your file was broken is extraordinary. My next advice is to revert to an older file that is not broke or to cut and paste from documentation. let me know if I can help.
debbie

When you say cut and past from documentation you mean to copy and paste the things I need to a fresh file that is not corrupted?

Thank you so much for your help!

Login to post a reply.