SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Password for DNA master Preferences Gene Prediction

| posted 21 Jan, 2020 17:32
Hello,

I am sorry I forgot this. What is the password for students to access the DNA Master Prefernces Gene Prediction?

Thanks,
Ann Powell
| posted 21 Jan, 2020 19:24
Hi Ann,
the answer is in Setting Preferences in the on-line Bioinformatics Guide. It is item #2 (click the box and enter "Hatfull" as the password), but check the other preferences while you are there.
Thanks,
debbie
| posted 25 Jan, 2021 20:57
Is anyone else having difficulty getting Blast to run within DNA Master? It's not apparently working on my Office computer where it always has. (Yes. I ran the update and then restarted the program - multiple times.)

It's not working on my Notebook computer. It is a fresh install there… Unlock is still "Hatfull" and no password, right? That's what is in the file on the setup link.

DNA Master acts like is going through the Blast process. It gets to 100%. But even after 12-24 hours, if never writes the file and finishes the process.

Anyone? Thanks. GF
| posted 25 Jan, 2021 20:57
Is anyone else having difficulty getting Blast to run within DNA Master? It's not apparently working on my Office computer where it always has. (Yes. I ran the update and then restarted the program - multiple times.)

It's not working on my Notebook computer. It is a fresh install there… Unlock is still "Hatfull" and no password, right? That's what is in the file on the setup link.

DNA Master acts like is going through the Blast process. It gets to 100%. But even after 12-24 hours, if never writes the file and finishes the process.

Anyone? Thanks. GF
| posted 26 Jan, 2021 00:38
Hi Greg,
I am not having trouble blasting. (I only blasted 1 gene but it completed in less than 3 minutes. I would guess that this is a server/firewall sort of problem. I would recommend restarting your computer then calling your IT folks.
debbie

Login to post a reply.