SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

DNA Master and RBS data

| posted 10 May, 2018 19:14
I have some students that wish to finish annotating genomes into the summer. The following question has come up for two students who have installed DNA Master on their own PC. They have been successful in getting DNA Master to update as well. The program is working except that in the Frames view, when the RBS data function is used, it only displays one set of measurements of RBS strength ('Shine Delgarno score and SD space'smile. The options to choose Z scores and Kibbler scores and the like are not there. Why might they be missing (new version?) and is it possible to get them back?

I hesitated to start this as a new topic but I did not find any answer to this issue within any of the other threads.

Thank you!
| posted 10 May, 2018 21:40
I just help a student yesterday install the WINE version on yer mac and after we installed, ran the updater and restarted DNA Master things just didn't look right. So I had the student check in the Help -> about menu. Sure enough, the auto-update had failed even though I saw her run the update and there were no error messages. We re-ran the auto-update again and it worked the second time. So I would recommend you double check to make sure the installed version is the one from April 2018.

Login to post a reply.