SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Glimmer Fail - Suspect I've missed something...

| posted 10 Jan, 2018 19:38
When students follow the DNA Master Quick Start Guide they are getting a Glimmer Fail message and the auto-annotate process fails to complete.

I tried to run the same fasta file on my notebook and I did not get the Glimmer fail error message. But the process just aborts.

What am I missing? Is something different this year? Thanks for any advise.

Greg
| posted 10 Jan, 2018 22:26
DNA Master prefereces must now be updated to use the PBI servers specific for SEA-PHAGES courses. See the help document, it is in the faculty only -> faculty info page, in the Bioinformatic Component section. The link is called "DNA Master Gene Prediction Settings", it describes how to change a few preference settings in DNA Master to get auto annotation working.

If you followed those instructions and it is still failing, check your internet connection.

Login to post a reply.