SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Data Module Error

| posted 17 Jan, 2017 20:33
I just downloaded DNA Master. Everytime I try to open the program, I receive a Data Module Error creating IDS, CodonBias.db, Enzyme, Queries.DB, URL.db, AA.db, NCBI.db, FavoriteGenomes.db, RecentGenomes.DB, GenomeClipboard.db, Events.DB, GeneticCode.db, Proteases.db, RecentFiles.db, Dendrogram, Genomes/Replicons,Breakpoints, FeatureType, GenBank, RRNASimilarity.db, tables

I have tried both recommendations from FAQs and Troubleshooting. Neither running the program as an administrator nor Downloading from FTP site work. Any ideas?
| posted 17 Jan, 2017 22:11
Hi. I sent your question to Dr. Lawrence, the author of DNA Master. He suggested that "Looks like the database did not install. Likely a permissions problem in that they cannot open those tables because you need administrator access."
Are you sure you are running the program as an administrator?
| posted 19 Jan, 2017 18:37
Debbie Jacobs-Sera
Hi. I sent your question to Dr. Lawrence, the author of DNA Master. He suggested that "Looks like the database did not install. Likely a permissions problem in that they cannot open those tables because you need administrator access."
Are you sure you are running the program as an administrator?

Yes, I run it as an administrator when I open it, but the error still appears.
| posted 26 Jan, 2017 16:50
Hello,
Several of my students had that issue when they were running an incomplete version of DNA Master (they had a little table come up when they started the program). Make sure you're downloading the full DNA Master program and not just the updater (second link in the paragraph).

However, several of my students are still getting one more error when they click apply after completing step 1.5.1(see attached screenshot). Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!
| posted 26 Jan, 2017 18:37
I am prefacing this with what I think is happening, but I could be misdiagnosing. It looks like your DNA Master folder is on your desktop, but the program is looking for files in the program files folder. You have two ways to go forward.
1. Put your DNA Master folder back in program files (or re-download to there). Then, shortcut the .exe program (but not the installer) to your desktop.
2. Change all of the paths (in directories) to where you have put the appropriate folders.
I would recommend #1.
| posted 26 Jan, 2017 18:55
Thanks Debbie! I will try this!

Login to post a reply.