SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Saving Starterator reports outside of VM

| posted 12 Apr, 2016 20:29
I'm going to post this both here (on the VM thread) and on the Starterator forum since I'm not quite sure where it belongs. Earlier I ran a starterator report on our whole phamerated genome (LilDestine). Now I want to get it saved to my regular desktop (i.e. outside the VM) so that I can post it on a Blackboard site for student access. How do I do this?
| posted 13 Apr, 2016 02:47
Fastest way:

E-mail it to yourself from inside the VM.

There are other solutions, but that is the simplest.

Lee
| posted 13 Apr, 2016 15:41
Lee Hughes
Fastest way:

E-mail it to yourself from inside the VM.

There are other solutions, but that is the simplest.

Lee

Lee: Thanks but I have no idea how to do that, can you run me through it?

joe
| posted 13 Apr, 2016 18:34
There is a Chrome browser on the program menu in the VM (it is usually just above the Phamerator icon). Just open Chrome and use any web-based e-mail program to attach the file and e-mail it to your own e-mail address.

Lee
| posted 13 Apr, 2016 19:08
Another slightly more complicated way would be to upload it to something like Google Drive or Dropbox from within the VM (using Chrome), and then download it outside the VM.

–Dan
| posted 13 Apr, 2016 19:42
Thanks for the advice, it (emailing) worked perfectly!

Login to post a reply.