SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Phamerator not loading

| posted 21 Feb, 2022 13:30
Hi all,

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Phamerator? It started for me on Friday, and I figured it was just updating, but I still can't access this morning. Tried 2 different browsers, and it just doesn't load. I get "HTTP ERROR 502." Is it just me? I wanted to teach translational frameshifts this week, which will be tricky without Phamerator!

Thanks!
Nikki @ USciences
| posted 21 Feb, 2022 18:23
Not loading for me either. Also 502 error on 2 different browsers. I have sent an email to Steve.
Edited 21 Feb, 2022 18:32
| posted 21 Feb, 2022 18:50
I also tried both Firefox and Chrome. Neither worked for Phamerator. Same 502 error message.
| posted 21 Feb, 2022 19:17
Thank-you both! Hopefully someone will post soon with a solution! I wonder if I could access it the old-fashioned way in Ubuntu. If I get the chance, I'll try it and let you all know if it worked.
| posted 22 Feb, 2022 02:36
I have tried WiFi at Pitt and at home, 3 different models of Mac and 1 PC, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, none of the above can get Phamerator to load for me. The following post https://seaphages.org/forums/topic/5097/ also discussed the 502 error, but it's not clear exactly how the issue was fixed…
| posted 22 Feb, 2022 16:35
I heard from Steve, Phamerator is now up and working for me. If it is not working for you be sure to post again.
| posted 22 Feb, 2022 16:55
I hate to be the pest but Phamerator is still not working for me. When I try to google search phamerator, the search result seems to suggest that I don't have WiFi (please see attached for the screenshot), but I actually do have a working WiFi.
Chris, is there something that you have to do from your end to get it to work?
| posted 22 Feb, 2022 17:14
Thanks everyone. It is now working on my end. I have no idea why you'd be getting a message that you don't have WiFi.

Nikki

Login to post a reply.