SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Phamerator down?

| posted 19 Aug, 2020 19:27
I have been unable to access Phamerator for several days now. Is this a global phenomenon? Or a local issue? smile

Steve
| posted 19 Aug, 2020 19:31
Hi Steve,
I am having no trouble navigating Phamerator today.
debbie
| posted 19 Aug, 2020 19:35
Uh oh.
| posted 19 Aug, 2020 19:39
I am unable to access it by any browser and haven't been for several days.

Steve
| posted 19 Aug, 2020 19:56
Hi Steve,
Did you restart your machine? I forwarded your message on to Steve C.
debbie
| posted 19 Aug, 2020 20:00
Hey Steve,

Seems to be working fine for me at the moment.

–Dan
| posted 19 Aug, 2020 20:12
Worse, I've tried it on more than one machine. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I'm sure next someone is going to chime in from Maryland to say that it works for them too.
| posted 19 Aug, 2020 20:13
scaruso
Worse, I've tried it on more than one machine. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. I've tried clearing cache and refreshing Firefox too. I'm sure next someone is going to chime in from Maryland to say that it works for them too.
Edited 19 Aug, 2020 20:13
| posted 19 Aug, 2020 22:18
I think it's being blocked as a malicious site by my Wi-Fi, somehow. I can access it on my cell phone if I turn off Wi-Fi but not on any of my devices through Wi-Fi. Weird and I have no idea how to fix it. smile

A shame I'm teaching from home and have to figure out how to fix it.
| posted 20 Aug, 2020 22:53
Thanks for posting this, Steve. I got a new router last week and am having the same issues. The modem and router are separate. When I connect directly by ethernet to the modem, I get to phamerator.org just fine. But when I try to connect using the router (wifi or ethernet), I get a 502 Bad Gateway response after a while. Despite that error through a browser, I can detect phamerator just fine with a ping request. I have tried to turn off the "Armor" security on the router, but it's not clear yet that this is actually off.

Kirk

Login to post a reply.