SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Submit Sequence to GenBank Validation Errors

| posted 04 Mar, 2020 17:10
I am an expedited submitter, and have been doing the validation process for a number of phages without any errors appearing. I have just tired to validate phage BeautPeep30, and I have a lot of errors. But I can't see any issues on the DNA Master final file.

Errors:
ERROR: valid [SEQ_FEAT.StartCodon] Illegal start codon used. Wrong genetic code [1] or protein should be partial FEATURE: CDS: hypothetical protein [lcl|BeautPeep30:c40034-39648] [lcl|BeautPeep30: raw, dna len= 41809] -> [lcl|BeautPeep30_60]
ERROR: valid [SEQ_FEAT.StartCodon] Illegal start codon used. Wrong genetic code [1] or protein should be partial FEATURE: CDS: hypothetical protein [lcl|BeautPeep30:c40390-40031] [lcl|BeautPeep30: raw, dna len= 41809] -> [lcl|BeautPeep30_61]
ERROR: valid [SEQ_INST.BadProteinStart] gap symbol at start of protein sequence (2 - terminase) BIOSEQ: lcl|BeautPeep30_2: raw, aa len= 466
ERROR: valid [SEQ_INST.BadProteinStart] gap symbol at start of protein sequence (7 - hypothetical protein) BIOSEQ: lcl|BeautPeep30_7: raw, aa len= 82
Can anyone see what I did incorrectly? I have attached the final DNA Master file.
Many thanks,
Susan
| posted 04 Mar, 2020 17:31
Maria,
I just took your file and generated a GenBank file with no errors. Did you choose the "Bacteria and Plant Plastid Code" on the Description pane of Submit to GenBank?
all of the genes you have errors for have GTG starts (I think).
debbie
| posted 04 Mar, 2020 18:22
Thank you Debbie, I didn't have the genetic code selected. Sorry to trouble you.

Susan
| posted 04 Mar, 2020 19:42
Success! always a good day!
debbie

Login to post a reply.