SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

PECAAN Down?

| posted 05 Apr, 2019 14:21
Friday AM 4/5/2019

This site can’t be reached discover.kbrinsgd.org refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
| posted 05 Apr, 2019 14:59
We are having the same problem here as well on all computers.
| posted 05 Apr, 2019 17:58
Friday at 2pm. Seems to be working fine. Were you adding a phage? I did not try that, but I could review phages.
| posted 07 Apr, 2019 20:10
Yes, it's working now. And I got the pleasant surprise of logging on and seeing that students had actually been working on our phage outside of class. Little victories…
| posted 08 Apr, 2019 17:05
Nice!
| posted 23 Jan, 2020 18:51
Hi All, It seems that PECAAN is currently down - 1/23 at 1:30pm. I get a resolving host delay followed by a site can't be reached error. Others having this issue?
| posted 23 Jan, 2020 18:52
Never mind - it was down for 30 minutes, but is now back. Thank you internet gods!
| posted 28 Jan, 2020 17:30
How long does it take PECAAN to update pham numbers for the Starterator and phageDB links?
We are annotating on PECAAN, and over the past 2 days have run into several instances where these links gave the following error message: "Page/Report not found Error 404" for a gene that isn't an orpham. The stand-alone phamerator map pham numbers are accurate (embedded PECAAN pham map numbers are not), and can be used on phagesDB or the stand-along starterator site to get information. So, it looks like this is a PECAAN update issue.
| posted 29 Jan, 2020 23:44
Hi All,

We didn't have starterator or pham data available on PECAAN early in January when we did a hack-a-thon and it appears that we are still not getting that data the classroom sequences last week.

Will these features in PECAAN be available again?

For now we are just using the gene list on phagesdb and that works fine but having the starterator reports linked to PECAAN is helpful.
Best
Sally

jawsWPI
How long does it take PECAAN to update pham numbers for the Starterator and phageDB links?
We are annotating on PECAAN, and over the past 2 days have run into several instances where these links gave the following error message: "Page/Report not found Error 404" for a gene that isn't an orpham. The stand-alone phamerator map pham numbers are accurate (embedded PECAAN pham map numbers are not), and can be used on phagesDB or the stand-along starterator site to get information. So, it looks like this is a PECAAN update issue.
| posted 03 Feb, 2020 03:41
This is all happening because of database synchronization issues. Right now pecaan is on 336 and the rest of us have already updated to version 337. You can tell which version in various ways.

Since phagesdb.org is always in sync with the web server that publishes the database, you can bookmark this page to see the most current version of the database:

http://phamerator.webfactional.com/databases_Hatfull/Actinobacteriophage.version

For phamerator.org there is a pulldown menu in the top right with the database version number; for Pecaan the version is noted just above the map on the Pham Maps tab; for starterator the version is noted just after the run date near the top of the text section of the report so any working report can be used. You can also just go to the URL "phages.wustl.edu/<version>/" to see if that version has been posted. For example, to check if version 337 is available go here:
http://phages.wustl.edu/337/
All those reports are specific for version 337.

Since Pecaan is on an older version than starterator there is a work around. Just change the "starterator" in the url to the database version number. So when pecaan is using the old 336 and it tries to use an out of date link, this one for example

http://phages.wustl.edu/starterator/Pham99984Report.pdf

it fails with a 404, so knowing Pecaan is using version 336 replace the "starterator" in the URL with the version number like this:
http://phages.wustl.edu/336/Pham99984Report.pdf.pdf

and now it works.

When starterator is behind pecaan there is not much that can be done but wait until I post the newest set; but please feel free to send me an email and I can at least give you an ETA.
P.S. the above links may not work correctly once version 338 of the database is released.
Edited 03 Feb, 2020 21:28

Login to post a reply.