SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Pham not showing up

| posted 17 Dec, 2019 16:35
We’re doing a hackathon right now, and we’re having an issue with the starterator report for 97693. It gives us a page not found error, but there are 41 members in the pham, and the pham number is the same on PhagesDB (https://phagesdb.org/phams/97693/). Has this pham been updated in starterator but not in PhagesDB?
| posted 17 Dec, 2019 18:39
Hi Evan,

It seems like that Starterator report is now updated. My guess is that you did indeed catch it when the databases were slightly out-of-sync, since a new database version was posted last night. Usually when this happens it's just a matter of waiting for one of the tools to finishing processing, but we'll try to find a way to keep everything more in sync from here on.

Can you access it now successfully?

–Dan
| posted 17 Dec, 2019 18:58
DanRussell
Hi Evan,

It seems like that Starterator report is now updated. My guess is that you did indeed catch it when the databases were slightly out-of-sync, since a new database version was posted last night. Usually when this happens it's just a matter of waiting for one of the tools to finishing processing, but we'll try to find a way to keep everything more in sync from here on.

Can you access it now successfully?

–Dan

Yup, working now, thanks Dan!
| posted 18 Dec, 2019 00:12
Sorry about that. Yes, you unfortunately got stuck in the awkward time between when the new version of the database gets uploaded and all the Starterator reports get published to the web. Starterator has the most processing to do on each pham so it will always be the last piece to update. I was able to push the most recent reports to the server late this morning after an overnight run. As the database grows it is taking longer and longer to process all those pham reports and it is now often taking up to 1 full day to get things uploaded.
Edited 18 Dec, 2019 00:14

Login to post a reply.