SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

A. globiformis aquisition

| posted 17 Jun, 2019 18:03
I would like to start using A. globiformis as the host for phage hunting this fall semester. Since this organism is not in ATCC, as far as I can tell, how do I get a starter culture? Thanks!
| posted 19 Jun, 2019 01:43
Alison,
We can do that! We will need to complete an MTA and then we can send it to you (from the NRRL collection).
Be sure that the legal contact and shipping address is correct on your institution page.
Thanks,
debbie
| posted 19 Jun, 2019 17:53
Thank you so much! Miriam is listed as the primary contact so I've given her a heads up that you guys will probably be emailing her. Everything else on the institution page is correct and good to go.

Login to post a reply.