SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

phage that crash starterator

| posted 27 Feb, 2016 17:16
David,
My bad, I mis-clicked on the permissions and only shared with other WashU people, so I think the "fee" to get access would probably be more properly termed "tuition". I don't think we want to wait that long so I changed permissions, RcigaStruga should now be available from the link above to anyone.
Here are the links to the other reports, easy peasy. Christian, Huntingdon, Canowicakte.
| posted 28 Feb, 2016 04:35
Chris, many thanks!!!!!
| posted 01 Mar, 2016 03:45
Chris, thanks for all your help!!!! My IT department is going to have a look at my virtual box later this week. We are on our semester break so IT hours are limited. In the meantime, would it be possible for you to send me just two more Starterator reports for phages Lucy and Vallejo? I tried and exhausted all your suggestions to get Starterator to behave properly on my laptop. Phamerator works just fine, however.

David
| posted 01 Mar, 2016 16:04
Hi
Starterator crashed on Pham 40 for phage PhancyPhin both the times I have tried. I was wondering if you could help.
Thank you
Sangha
| posted 02 Mar, 2016 16:25
David:
Lucy and Vallejo reports
| posted 02 Mar, 2016 16:37
Chris, many thanks!!
| posted 02 Mar, 2016 16:43
Sangha,
I can confirm that phage PhancyPhin also crashes on my machine when running the current version of starterator so I don't think there is anything wrong with your computer. I was able to run is successfully with my updated code so the problem was an old bug in starterator that we have found and fixed. You can download the full report using this link.

Thanks for reporting the issue, the only way to make programs better is if people take the time to post problems that can be checked.
| posted 03 Mar, 2016 17:18
Chris
Thanks a lot for your help on this.
Really appreciate it.
Sangha
cdshaffer
Sangha,
I can confirm that phage PhancyPhin also crashes on my machine when running the current version of starterator so I don't think there is anything wrong with your computer. I was able to run is successfully with my updated code so the problem was an old bug in starterator that we have found and fixed. You can download the full report using this link.

Thanks for reporting the issue, the only way to make programs better is if people take the time to post problems that can be checked.
| posted 11 Mar, 2016 18:07
TyrionL crashes on the very first pham (Pham 1029) every time I try to run it. I've tried it as TyrionL and as TyrionL_Draft, both with the same outcome. Any help would be appreciated!
| posted 12 Mar, 2016 02:47
TyrionL ran fine on my computer with the normal version of Starterator. This suggests that you may have a corrupted database or some other issue with your copy of the virtual machine. If you need to run a bunch more phage through Starterator you may want to re download the virtual disk and reinstall.

If you just have a small number of other phage to do, just post them here I am happy to run them, the only issue really is the slow turn around time since I can get busy and not check the forum for days.

You can download the full report for TyrionL from this link.

Login to post a reply.