SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Missing 2018 draft phage genomes

| posted 17 Jan, 2018 15:23
Hello -

I do not see our two new draft mycobacteriophage genomes (Bromden and Thyatira) listed on the web-Phamerator page and do not know if I am missing some step or those auto-annotated files have not yet been added to the database?

Thanks,

Joe
| posted 17 Jan, 2018 15:37
Joe,

One way to tell is to look at the phage page on phagesdb. It has a heading for whether it has been phamerated. I peeked at Bromden and it currently is not listed as being phamerated yet.

Best,

Dave
| posted 17 Jan, 2018 16:06
Thanks Dave. We will watch for that change.

Joe
| posted 19 Jan, 2018 14:58
Hi Dave -

So now I do see that our other phage isolated this year - Thyatira - is shown as being phamerated but I do not find it listed on the Phamerator webpage? Is there normally a delay between before finding it on the Phamerator site or could it be an issue of it being identified as "unclustered" at phagesdb? (We like to have our students "discover" the cluster relationships.)

Thanks.
Joe
| posted 19 Jan, 2018 15:07
Joseph Stukey
Hi Dave -

So now I do see that our other phage isolated this year - Thyatira - is shown as being phamerated but I do not find it listed on the Phamerator webpage? Is there normally a delay between before finding it on the Phamerator site or could it be an issue of it being identified as "unclustered" at phagesdb? (We like to have our students "discover" the cluster relationships.)

Thanks.
Joe

Joe,

I was just looking and see it under the "UKN" designation on the list on the web Phamerator.

Lee
| posted 19 Jan, 2018 15:40
Thanks Lee -

I didn't realize there was an "unknown" grouping and I don't think I ever scrolled to the bottom but just stopped at the K phages (we know it is a K5).

Joe

Login to post a reply.