SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

TbRegions: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset

| posted 12 May, 2016 18:42
DNA master error. Any idea?

I merged all DNA master files. Ran "validate", no error. Then I closed the archive file. Worked on the other phage. Then I came back to open the DNA master file again and ran 'validate' again. Then I encountered this error. What might be wrong?

I'm using a window machine. Build is 2481. 18 Mar 2016.
| posted 07 Nov, 2017 19:48
I am currently having this same issue. I have tried to rebuild with the directions for "How to fix a corrupt DNA Master file" and there were some files missing and subsequently replaced. However, I am getting the same error messages post rebuild. I was also trying to create a profile and got the message "No ORFs have been parsed from this documentation". I tried parsing the documentation but got this third error message "Index is out of date. Index: FeatureID". Note: I was able to copy the documentation to a Word document. What do you think my next step should be?
| posted 08 Nov, 2017 18:15
Hi Beckie,
IT sounds like there is a problem with at least one of the internal tables in the file.
If you have the documentation, I would try to regenerate a clean copy of the file by importing the fasta sequence into a new file, pasting in the documentation, and then parsing that.

Good luck.
| posted 26 Feb, 2019 21:53
We are getting this error on one computer. The files were generated and saved on a student's personal PC.

Did we determine a functional solution to this problem?

Thanks. Greg
| posted 26 Feb, 2019 22:13
I found this fix in the new -2019- online annotation guide. We're giving it a try.

https://seaphagesbioinformatics.helpdocsonline.com/article-104
Edited 26 Feb, 2019 22:46
| posted 26 Feb, 2019 23:03
We tried the process described in the link above and still get the database failed error. We are just going back to a previous version and copying our feature notes from the corrupted file into the most recent non-corrupted version. Hopefully that will get us back to where we were.
| posted 02 Feb, 2020 13:07
After BLASTing all genes, saving the file with a new name, and re-opening, I get all blanks and this message: SQL:Cannot perform operations on a closed dataset
I tried the unpack/pack from the link above, and the file size is now larger, but I still see nothing in any tab but the sequence.
This only happened in one of our two phages this semester. I will repeat by comparing the successful one with the corrupted one and keep trying, but any additional guidance would be appreciated.
I am doing this on my home computer that is hardwired, since I tend to run the NCBI blasts overnight. However, it also belongs to my software engineer partner, so all bets are off, and if I ask him for help, I'm in for a long, long day of frustration smile
| posted 02 Feb, 2020 20:00
Amy,
If send me the file, I will try to fix it.
debbie
| posted 17 Feb, 2022 22:25
Hi Debbie,
Two of my students are having the same issue as above, whereas the rest did not have the issue at all (!!!). They have done the steps in the link posted above but it is not working either. I will try to go through the steps as well, but I have it working in my laptop -which is what these two students are using- and I am afraid to jinx it there too! I will send you the file in an email; it is just odd how it works for some students but not in others. THey have all updated and restarted DNAMaster.
Thanks!
PS. I am attaching the error message that they get when they try to open this file; but not when they open the fasta file.
Edited 17 Feb, 2022 22:30
| posted 18 Feb, 2022 17:58
Hi Amaya,
did the students do this:
https://seaphagesbioinformatics.helpdocsonline.com/article-104

Sounds like they corrupted their file.
debbie

Login to post a reply.