SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

queuine tRNA ribosyltransferase

| posted 04 Aug, 2017 02:32
For the B1 subcluster phage Lulumae, for gene 19 it has the queuine tRNA ribosyltransferase as a function which is not on the official function list. Can this be added to the list?
| posted 31 Oct, 2017 15:36
YEs! That should be on the list. Thanks for pointing that out.
| posted 05 Aug, 2020 21:25
I noticed that this is not on the list, though it is on PECAAN. Has there been a change in its status?

Steve
| posted 06 Aug, 2020 15:34
Steve,
This has just been revised. Check out the Pre-Qo pathway case study just posted in the Bioinformatics Guide. The revised functional assignments are listed on the approved functions Google doc. August 6, 2020.
| posted 10 Mar, 2021 17:09
The function queuine tRNA-ribosyltransferase - which I do not believe is any of the newly defined Pre-Qo pathway functions - is NOT on the official functions list? PenguinLover67_2 shows almost all pham members with this function?

The alternative would be to label it is NKF.

Joe
| posted 10 Mar, 2021 17:09
The function queuine tRNA-ribosyltransferase - which I do not believe is any of the newly defined Pre-Qo pathway functions - is NOT on the official functions list? PenguinLover67_2 shows almost all pham members with this function?

The alternative would be to label it is NKF.

Joe
| posted 11 Mar, 2021 02:17
Joe,
I think we have some revision work to do. I would follow the case study in the Bioinformatics Guide. Gene 2 should be named "dpdA-like tRNA-guanine transglycosylase".

This in accordance with the biochemical analyses from this paper.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6884629/

debbie
| posted 02 Mar, 2022 18:47
Hi Debbie,

Just to confirm, if we think we have queuine tRNA-ribosyltransferase, based on new evidence, we should instead call it dpdA-like tRNA-guanine transglycosylase?
| posted 02 Mar, 2022 18:56
Hi Erin,
Did you check out the case study in the Bioinformatics Guide? https://seaphagesbioinformatics.helpdocsonline.com/article-1596481355
I can't quite answer a general question, but if you give me the specifics, I can try to help.
Thanks,
debbie
| posted 02 Mar, 2022 19:56
Yes, I saw the case study. We are working on gene 2 in Blocker23. There are 50 members in the pham and all but two of the annotated phages call it queuine tRNA-ribosyltransferase. Calamitous and Lars call it dpdA-like tRNA-guanine transglycosylase. queuine tRNA-ribosyltransferase is not listed in the case study and it is not on the official function list. Per this thread it looks like it was added in 2017 and removed around 2020. March 11, 2021 you said there were many revisions to make. I assumed you were talking about changing the queuine tRNA-ribosyltransferase calls to dpdA-like tRNA-guanine transglycosylase because of the new paper found.

Login to post a reply.