SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

DNA Master Issue

| posted 21 Jul, 2017 13:49
I have a student that is unable to run DNAM on a home computer running W10, I assumed because he wasn't running running it as an Admin. He has since uninstalled to try and re-install, and can't because now the links are down. Both the direct and to the hosting web site.

An update, crash, or something else?

Steve
| posted 21 Jul, 2017 15:21
The main server is currently disconnected due to construction here at Pitt. We are working on an alternate plan.
| posted 21 Jul, 2017 17:03
The direct: http://cobamide2.bio.pitt.edu/computer.htm is now working.
| posted 01 Aug, 2017 15:08
Is there still a problem at Pitt? I have been trying to run an AutoAnnotation on DNA Master and although it says AutoAnnotation Complete there is not updates to the initial page. I have tried on multiple computers and it is not working. I have tried to update DNA Master but it is saying that there is an FTP Failure.
| posted 29 Aug, 2017 15:18
I am having this issue also. It is returning tRNA calls, for example on Amigo, but no genes.
Help please.
Tammy
| posted 29 Aug, 2017 15:21
Also, what is the plan for Windows 10?
Thanks!
| posted 29 Aug, 2017 17:15
Tamarah Adair
I am having this issue also. It is returning tRNA calls, for example on Amigo, but no genes.
Help please.
Tammy

Tammy,
This post from Debbie in another thread may answer your question about the gene calls:

https://www.seaphages.org/forums/post/5735/

Lee
| posted 29 Aug, 2017 19:39
Thanks!
| posted 21 Jan, 2020 14:52
Hi
I installed DNA Master in a PC with windows 10. It works fine for a while then it doesn't find the path and the application doesn't open up at all. The icon in the desktop appears white. When I try to open the application from the actual folder where it is installed, the DNAMas icon also appears white and it gives me the following error: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". This is the second time it happens. The first time I uninstalled it and install it again. Any clues?
thanks
Fernando
| posted 21 Jan, 2020 15:48
Hi Fernando,

Are you on a University/computer lab computer? Could it be that the system is somehow doing a regular cleanup operation to remove "unwanted" stuff and somehow DNA Master is getting caught in that?

If so, it'd probably be easiest for your local IT to sort out.

I have DNA Master installed on a Windows 10 virtual machine, and it's been stable for months.

–Dan

Login to post a reply.