SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Post Results Here

| posted 16 Dec, 2016 16:17
As you record your host range data, please upload your Excel sheets to this post! I also just changed setting on the summary Google spreadsheet so you can add your summary data there!
Edited 16 Dec, 2016 17:08
| posted 01 Mar, 2017 16:54
Dear Debbie: I have updated the Google spreadsheet to include our summary of the host-range data. In addition, I am submitting here the Excel sheets with the pics, raw data and other findings. Please let me know if you can access these documents. Nazir Barekzi (Old Dominion University)

File 1: Barekzi_ODU_HostRangeData_MSmegNSC3240
File 2: Barekzi_ODU_HostRangeData_MFortM5
File 3: Barekzi_ODU_HostRangeData_MFortM6
| posted 01 Mar, 2017 16:56
File 2: Barekzi_ODU_HostRangeData_MFortM5

Nazir Barekzi (Old Dominion University)
| posted 01 Mar, 2017 16:56
File 3: Barekzi_ODU_HostRangeData_MFortM6

Nazir Barekzi (Old Dominion University)
| posted 30 May, 2017 16:01
Attached are the Host Range results from the University of West Alabama for M. smegmatis B-24018. The summary results have been added to the Summary Goggle Spreadsheet.
Edited 30 May, 2017 16:02
| posted 30 May, 2017 18:49
Hi Kayla,
Thanks for the data.
Do you have any interpretations? Did you repeat any of the infections? The ones that would be good to repeat are Tweety and Jeon. It might helpful to do full plates instead of spots.
Do you know anything about the host you used?
Thanks,
debbie
| posted 31 May, 2017 15:16
Hi Debbie,

I did repeat Che9c, Island3, Rey, Nanosmite, and Peaches with similar results. The only details I have about this Mycobacterium smegmatis strain are the NRRL accession number (B-2401smile, VAS accession number (477), and author citation-(Trevisan 1889) Lehmann and Neumann 1899. I haven't had any luck finding anything else about that strain. I will see about redoing Tweety and Jeon on a full plate.

Thanks,
Kayla
| posted 31 May, 2017 15:35
Kayla,
Great! Have you tried to phage hunt on your strain?
debbie
| posted 31 May, 2017 15:54
Debbie Jacobs-Sera
Kayla,
Great! Have you tried to phage hunt on your strain?
debbie

No, we haven't done that.
| posted 04 Jun, 2017 23:22
Hello Debbie,
I have attached the Host Range results from the University of Maine Fort Kent for M. brumae. I have added the summary results to the Summary Google Spreadsheet.

Thank you,
Kim

Login to post a reply.