SEA-PHAGES Logo

The official website of the HHMI Science Education Alliance-Phage Hunters Advancing Genomics and Evolutionary Science program.

Welcome to the forums at seaphages.org. Please feel free to ask any questions related to the SEA-PHAGES program. Any logged-in user may post new topics and reply to existing topics. If you'd like to see a new forum created, please contact us using our form or email us at info@seaphages.org.

Basic Host Range Project Information

| posted 13 Sep, 2016 19:14
Hi all,

Attached to this message (and linked here) is a document describing the project.

–Dan
| posted 13 Sep, 2016 21:02
Hi all,
Attached is a list of participants of the Host Range Project. Check to see that you are included if you indeed signed up! The MTA process was begun at Pitt on Friday, Sept. 9, 2016. MTAs are currently under review in Pitt's Office of Research. Once they have passed that process, they will be coming to you and your legal contact person for signatures. Please sign and return immediately! If all goes well, we can ship in early October. If you are participating in the Xeno project, your MTA includes materials for both projects.

Also attached is the list of 30 (yes 30!) phages that will be sent you way in early October!

I have updated the participant list today 9-29-16.
Edited 29 Sep, 2016 16:20
| posted 20 Oct, 2016 12:48
Hi All,

At Lehigh we will be using the strains Mycobacterium austroafricanum and Microbacterium natoriense.
| posted 22 Oct, 2016 19:35
The Hatfull Lab Undergraduate researchers prepared the lysates for the Host Range project.
The leaders of the group are pictured here: (from left to right) Audrey, Patrick, Gabby, and Johnathon.

Edited 01 Nov, 2016 15:56
| posted 04 Jan, 2017 18:06
Here is the list of phages for the host range project and their titers.
Note: Wintermute is a phage found by Bryan Pasqualucci at Southern Connecticut State University (incorrectly labeled in the sheet that was sent with the lysates). Sorry Bryan!
| posted 10 Feb, 2017 15:37
Dear all:
Lee Hughes is visiting Lehigh from the University of North Texas and we are talking about phage, of course! We are wondering about findings from this project. Is there an anticipated date when we might learn about the results?
| posted 11 Feb, 2017 16:39
Vassie and Lee,
Happy visiting!
You can post your results on this forum under the topic "Post Results Here". I also provided a format, so that the results reporting could be consistent. The same procedure is in place at the Xeno Challenge Forum for those results.
I am curious to see if these mechanisms work, so by all means, post away! Thanks!
Edited 11 Feb, 2017 16:40
| posted 13 Mar, 2017 14:09
What size plate is typically used for the host range project? We are having difficulty fitting all 8 dilutions plus a negative control in a row onto a 100mm X 15mm plate. Wondered if other people were just using bigger plates.
| posted 13 Mar, 2017 15:39
Kayla,
I use big plates - 150 x 15mm. You can do fewer lysates/plate if you want to use the 100 x 15mm. Whatever you have available is great!
Thanks,
debbie
| posted 13 Mar, 2017 15:46
Thanks Debbie!

Login to post a reply.